A little bit of everything called life...

A little bit of everything called life....

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jump start!

Happy Sunday everyone!  To start the week off right, jump start your week by doing a little prep work so you can have healthy, easy recipes available at your fingertips. Here are some of the things I am doing to get ready for a busy week! I eat better when I have the food ready to go! How about you? What are you doing this beautiful Sunday? Post comments and ideas on what you do to prepare for the week!


I grilled chicken breast and tenderloins and we will have them on salad or with a sweet potato and veggies! They are also great to pack for school lunches! 2 tenderloins, some bbq sauce for dipping and serve with some veggies such as sliced cukes or carrot chips! Healthy, easy school lunch idea! 

I bought 5 pounds of lean ground turkey. I froze 2.5 pounds and I cooked 2.5 pounds. I will use it for tacos and lettuce wraps! If you are making tacos, get some baby bella mushrooms, run them through your food processor until crumbled and add them to the ground turkey! It will increase the amount you have to serve and with taco seasoning the kids never know they are eating mushrooms!  Here is a recipe for  delicious lettuce wraps (I made some changes based on my tastes and health).  Remember a recipe is a guide! Have fun with it and add your own twist!



Did you know you could freeze muffins?  A while back I froze these muffins in cupcake liners and today I baked them! I am a big juicer so the pulp from the carrot is in these healthy muffins! I took them from the freezer to the oven and baked them for 30-35 mins on 350 degrees (ovens vary so you may have to cook longer or shorter time) 

Bought some beautiful grapes this weekend and my kids love them in their lunches! So to make life easier I give them a quick spray of vinegar with water then pat them dry and put them in snack bags! The kids will pack their lunch and throw in a bag of the grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment