A little bit of everything called life...

A little bit of everything called life....

Monday, September 3, 2012

Ch ch ch Chia seeds and Chocolate Banana Bread

UPDATE!  This recipe turned out delicious! I listed the substitutions I used!

Hope everyone is having a happy labor day! Today I am in the kitchen experimenting with Chia seeds as an egg replacement! Chia seeds are a powerful food loaded with Omegas 3's, protein and calcium. When 1 tbsp of chia is mixed with 3 tbsps. of water, it makes an egg substitute. Chocolate banana bread is on the list today! I will post all the substitutions I used in a bit!


Double Chocolate Banana Bread
submitted by Melanie
Recipe adapted from Cooking Pleasures
1 cup sugar  ( you can use 1/2 c unsweetened coconut and 1/2 c blonde coconut sugar)
2 eggs ( you can use 1 egg and 1tbsp chia with 3 tbsp water, let sit 15 mins then use as an egg)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (1/3 c applesauce or 1/3 c greek yogurt)
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour  (I used rice flour that I made in the vitamix)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I omitted these in the batch I made)
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat sugar, eggs, and oil (or substitutions)  in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana and vanilla at low speed. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; beat into banana mixture at low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3 Spoon batter into pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.



Chocolate banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment