A little bit of everything called life...

A little bit of everything called life....

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pancakes and Pajamas

Rainy weather calls for a day at home in the kitchen! And of course wearing my pajamas! I don't have many days like this but I do love them every once and a while. Pretty much the whole family had pajamas on all day! It was a busy weekend with the kiddos so today was a gift!  My husband and I baked some gluten free bread and gf pizza crust for me to keep in the freezer. My kiddos wanted french toast so I used a french bread and whipped up a crispy, buttery breakfast. Let's not forget the pancakes I made for myself for breakfast!  I did not want to eat the regular bread so I whipped up a modified version of this healthy recipe.  Remember: make extra (or save any leftover pancakes) so you can freeze them and have them handy in the morning!  Pop them in the toaster and enjoy!

(Adapted from the biggest loser pancake recipe)

 6 egg whites- (I used one egg and 1 tbsp flaxseed with 3 tbsp water)
 1 cup rolled oats, dry
 1 cup cottage cheese (I left this out, you can use greek yogurt too)
 2 teaspoons sugar (I used date paste instead)
 1 teaspoon cinnamon
 1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
 181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment